[Spridgets] Measurement help please...

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Wed Jan 4 15:46:52 MST 2012

So Dave, you didn't open up your drain taps when you had the paint done? or
did you replace the floor pans saying "I'll never need THAT much drainage"?
I re-open both of the foot well ones once a year, and anytime I'm under one, I
make sure to run a blade through the openings under the seats, then vacuum
form the top after lifting the cushions. I have no illusions about how much
water will pour through.
As to the leading edge of the top, as long as you have the bar properly seated
before you pull down to the rear, I've not had a problem-though when I first
drove the BE in October in the snow, I did have snow coming through UNDER the
windshield and OVER the cowl. and people say VB rubber is bad! ;^}

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

Re: [Spridgets] Measurement help please...
LOL! Coming back from the Midget 50th the decks(floors) were awash to a
depth of ~1/2"!  I thought it was the curtains but not that much was
coming in through there.  I lot was coming in through the header. However
when I got home and started pulling out the seats and carpet I noticed the
fresh air door on the drivers side was open. Ta da! Source of most of the
water.

I would like to know if it's possible to seal the leading edge of the
hood(top).  Water shouldn't be coming through there; it's not a
"Lift-the-Dot" window frame.

Good luck!
DW