[Spridgets] Pos GRND Directional Flasher

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Fri Jan 20 00:09:29 MST 2012

You can get LED tail lights that come in positive and negative ground.
Already installed two in my Bugeye.  One interesting fact from the web site
is, you need red LEDs for a tail light so that it shows red through a red tail
light lens, amber for amber, and white for clear or frosted clear lenses.
Otherwise they are not very bright! Go figure.  The red positive ground 1157
LED replacement (also, the LEDs output face is at 90 degrees because some tail
lights like the Bugeye mount the bulb straight down) is very bright through
the red lenses of my Bugeye.   One other interesting fact.  The two locking
pins on the side of the bulb case that hold the bulb in the recepticle are an
industry standard (one is higher than the other) so you can be sure the 90
degree face will face in the right direction.  I bought one for my Harley and
apparently Harley Davidson does not adhere to industry standard.  When I tried
to install the LED bulb the 90 degree
 face was in the wrong direction.  I sent it back and they are making me one
that is 180 degrees opposite. A custom job.  Nice guys too.  No financial
interest, just a satisfied customer.  See the link below:

http://www.litezupp.com/

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2