[Spridgets] Racing in Australia

Tncarnut1 tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 06:33:53 MDT 2012

Didn't mean to insult anybody who may like it. I have been to the Glen for one NASCAR event myself. I did see quite a few sports car drivers filling in on the day I was there. Racing is indeed racing on a road course, I just can't get excited about watching a bunch of virtually identical cars going in circles. Even if it is at high speeds.

I will also allow that there is skill involved in keeping a dinosaur balanced on the edge lap after lap. It is just a skill that pales compared to what is needed on a road course. Also, since when is a Camry RWD and powered by a pushrod V8? Or many of the other 'cars' in the field for that matter?

Everybody is obviously welcome to watch whatever they want, I just have trouble accepting that you should manipulate weights and manufacture cautions in order to orchestrate photo finishes where lesser teams have an even chance to beat beter ones.

- David

>From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

Rick Fisk <refisk at chartermi.net> wrote:

Yessir, Nascar will be running at Watkins Glen on August 12th.B  Race is
scheduled to start sometime around 12:30 PM EDT.B  They've been running at the
Glen for years.

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

spridgets at autox.team.net