[Spridgets] Master cylinder maintenance

Philip Nase nases at verizon.net
Tue Jul 10 13:00:42 MDT 2012

I've been using silicone in my Bugeye master for 4 years but I noticed some
fluid on the pedal pads during a long ride yesterday. The MC rubber I had was
supposed to be for use with the silicone but maybe 4 years is too much to
expect.

Anyway if I switch to conventional  fluid what should I flush the system with?
And do I need to replace anything that is currently ok such as hoses or wheel
cylinder rubbers?

I initially used the silicone to help save my paint from mishaps but may
change now.

Thanks.

Phil Nase