[Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 10:40:57 MDT 2012

OK - I'll play.

1) 1960 Bugeye, BRG with tan hides. Needs hydraulics and a fuel pump at the moment, but is still a gorgeous car. It's got a 1275 with a Weber in it, and for several years was faster than my race car, which brings us to...my racecar:

2) 1958 Bugeye , early AN5L43XX. This is the famous over-achieving "White Trash". He sports a .040 over 1275 and full vintage race prep. He's at legal weight (by 4 pounds!) and has been gone through constantly over the years. He is one of the most reliable Sprite racers in our group, and with the exception of a practice day last year to change the gearbox, he really hasn't missed a lap in years. Unfortunately, he is essentially held together with the roll cage is in need of chassis restoration. He gives away 30 horsepower to other Sprites but consistently wins its class and has several overall wins against Porsches, Lotuses, Elvas...etc. He has done 2:50.8 lap times at Road America and 1:25.6 at Blackhawk Farms. He had the top 3 times of the day at the Road America autocross at the Midget 50th.

3) 1968 Sprite Racecar - "White Trash Too" - soon to be completed. It's gonna be gorgeous. It's got a lot of White Trash's running gear and suspension to remove variables. A killer motor is in process.

4) 1970 Midget - Bone stock, absolutely gorgeous, resides at Mom's in Florida. I drive it for 3 weeks a year, it always starts immediately and has never left me down.

5) If I got motivated, there are probably 3 or 4 others in boxes in the basement :)

Ron Soave
Roscoe, IL

"It only goes one way."
"Pay it forward."