[Spridgets] fulcrum pin bushings

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Sat Jun 2 16:58:50 MDT 2012

You don't want to do this with the coil spring in place.  Block the rear
wheels and raise the car up and put two jackstands under the front
crossmember.   If your car has front disk brakes unbolt the caliper from the
spindle and tie it up out of the way.  Put your jack under the a-frame and
raise it until the a-frame starts to move up and the shock link is off of the
bumper.  Then remove the upper trunnion bolt.  Now remove the cotter and
fulcrum pins and kingpin and spindle assembly.

Slowly lower the jack until the a-frame drops all the way.  Then you can lever
or kick the spring out.  Now the inner bushings are easy to get at.

When you're ready to put it back together remove the spring pan from the
a-frame.  Bolt the a-frame in and install the kingpin spindle assembly with
your new fulcrum pin.  Bolt the kingpin trunnion to the upper shock link.
Then slide the spring up through the a-frame with the spring pan on the bottom
and your jack underneath.  Slowly raise the jack until you can get the pan
bolts in.  You might want to use some long bolts to temporarily pull the
spring pan up until you can fit the stock bolts.

Easier than it sounds, but it's still a long process.  :-)

Rick
Sent from my keyboard