[Spridgets] Works Sprite Pedro Rodriguez (9253 WD)

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:07:36 MDT 2012

List,
My friend from the UK Jonathan Whitehouse Bird found and bought Pedro
Rodriguez (9253 WD) Works Sprite a few months ago and I was unable to
gather all the photos for you until now as he has them all posted on
his SpriteSpot link now, see below. Four  All standard shape MkII
Sebrings' were painted metallic Healey Ice Blue and 3 used in the 3
Hour race at Sebring, driven by Sterling Moss, Steve Mac Queen and
Pedro Rodriguez. Unfortunately Steve's Works car 9251 WD was sold to
someone i think in CA and while parked was hit and destroyed.

Pedro Rodriguez (9253 WD) (9252 WD); Steve McQueen (9251 WD) and
Stirling Moss (9254 WD).

As you recall Jon restored his  Sprinzel Sebring Sprite which took
many years and well worth the results the link to that Sprite is below
also. This Works Sprite as you may know has many aluminium body parts
and Jon will do a wonderful job restoring it. I look forward to seeing
the progress.

These Works Sprites were a great influence on me when Frank told me
about them.  They sport their Warwick fiberglass hard tops which is
why I am making mine to look similar with my Warwick top, sort of the
girl version in "deep pink"....wink.

Enjoy.
Lin

Pedro Rodriguez (9253 WD) Works Sprite