[Spridgets] Making lenses?

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 11:28:28 MST 2012

Paul,
this was a casting not an injection process and it was a one off deal, basic
silicone mould and then pouring in the plastic, some kind of PMM  I think but
that is only a WAG.

Bill, this is the sort of thing that they did although this was the better way
to do it.  Using vacuum always gets a better result but without it you can get
a passable one.  And of course they don't offer any Amber plastic, only
clear!

Good place to start though,

Thanks!

Lester

Hello Lester,
I am not sure what show you were watching, but I own an injection molding
company is southwest Kentucky.  The material that is used today to make amber
lenses is a PC or Poly Carbonate material most people know this as Lexan.
There are many different types of this material.
I hope this helps.  Let me know if you need more information.
Thanks

Paul A. Nielsen