[Spridgets] Heater Core ?

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Thu Mar 1 17:21:37 MST 2012

Hello Spridgets,

  Is it possible to change out the heater core without removing the
  heater core enclosure from the car. That is will the heater box open
  up simply by removing the clips and then can one simply remove the
  heater core out the back? ...

  The screws that hold the thing in place appear to be a PITA to get
  out, as compared to the simple disassembly of the heater box.

  I've been working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day and haven't had much
  chance to look at things till today. In fact I took a couple of
  heater cores to the radiator shop about a month ago and only today
  had a chance to pick them up. Interestingly enough, they were both
  good, and they gave me another that had been laying around their
  shop for a number of years.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

  Other than that, Mrs. Kennedy, how was the parade?