[Spridgets] So many projects, what goes where?

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 13:37:52 MDT 2012

I've got a line on a running Datsun A14 with dogleg 60L 5 speed
transmission.
I've agreed on price with the guy but he won't be ready for me to get it
until next Saturday.

Now I have to decide which project to put it into.
On the one hand I have a true to numbers Bugeye motor and transmission that
could go into my Bugeye project.

I also have a 1098 that could go in my MK2 Sprite, which would be correct
for that car.

So this setup could go into Peter's RWA Midget project.

However, that's a lot of power for a new driver and I would be thinking
that the 1098 would be better suited for a new driver.

On the other hand (how many hands is that?) putting the Datsun stuff in the
RWA Midget would make it so I'd like driving it.
I'll need to teach him self control behind the wheel anyway, and he's the
type of person who seems to naturally possess that virtue already.

The value of the Bugeye would be higher with correct running gear, as would
the MK2 Sprite.

I guess writing this has brought me a little closer to my decision.
Also if it doesn't work out with the Datsun stuff I still have a plan for
what to do with the Bugeye and MK2 and will still be looking for running
gear for Peter's car.

Ideas, thoughts, ridicule?

Rick (yeah I've got options) Bastedo