[Spridgets] Took the engine and gearbox out to investigate...

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Tue Mar 20 15:29:14 MDT 2012

Mike- When I bought parts to put into the MKII about 10 years ago, I also
turned an aluminum flywheel that fit the 948 bolt pattern and the 1275 clutch
cover. I bought a 1275 clutch plate, cover AND(to get to the point) a roller
TO bearing from (I believe) Winner's Circle. I had a solid clutch disk , a
1275 cover , a Tilton insert, and the roller TO bearing. So far (not very far)
the roller bearing has done very well. I just don't have much mileage on it to
be honest, but its smooth and I feel like I don't have to wait until the light
turns green to put the clutch in, and then wait for the layshaft to stop
turning before putting the car into first.
FWIW

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977