[Spridgets] Transmission overhaul

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Fri Mar 23 09:03:49 MDT 2012

VB offers a transmission overhaul kit, but no instructions.  It is not obvious from the manuals whether or not this kit is an easy or hard job.  Any advice or source of instructions specific to this overhaul?

We had near-record weather yesterday, so I took the Midget out around town, and was lucky to get home.  I have no clutch throw-out bearing left.  But an even more important problem is that my right calf doesn't work well because of my back problems, which makes heavy braking a challenge.  I may have to put a block on my brake pedal so it is lower on my foot.

Michael  Rowe
'74 Bugeyed Midget
'60 Sprite kit