[Spridgets] Car in UK Getting Incredible Gas Mileage

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:14:01 MDT 2012

Don't forget that in the UK they use the Imperial gallon which is 1.2 US
gallons.  So the conversion in this country would actually be 62.8 mpg in
the US.  Still pretty good mileage but it is also a diesel.  Europe has
different restrictions on diesel emissions.
See:

http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/

You can check the differences.  The EPA's "Clean Air" standards are more
stringent for cars than the European standards.  The whole thing boils down
to a bloated, runaway bureaucracy in this country that is throttling us
with poorly conceived regulations resulting in nasty unintended
consequences.

Cheers!!
Jim

--
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
bmwwxman at gmail.com

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.