[Spridgets] Valve Guide Position

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 20:43:26 MST 2012

Good question.

The green anodizing makes it hard to determine.

I have a watch that has a titanium case, and I know what the bare metal
looks and feels like.

The lightness of the retainer in my hand makes me think that it is aluminum.
But it is difficult to be certain.

I'll have to calculate the volume and then weigh it carefully to be sure.

Is there a known aftermarket outfit that is making these in titanium and
anodizing them green?

There are no manufacturer's markings on these.

I'm thinking that the previous owner of this head might have had rocker arms
with an aggressive ratio.

This may be the reason why the guides were set lower to the head.

I better get this head checked for cracks.  I don't see any visible issues,
but if it's been raced

then it might have some hidden flaw that I can't see with my eyes.

  _____