[Spridgets] Engine Test Stand

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Tue Nov 27 20:17:20 MST 2012

Looks good Tim.  Now you need to build a dyno to attach to the back of the
engine for some serious testing.

BTW, where is all the rest of the crap that's supposed to be in your garage?
Mine looked like your's the day we moved in.  Twenty years later I have to
leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find my way back out.   :-)

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

On Nov 27, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Tim Collins <thcollin at mtu.edu> wrote:

> I have been working on an engine hot test stand using whatever I had in the
garage in the way of salvaged materials. The basic frame is made from steel
framing studs that I picked out of a construction dumpster. I guess you could
say I made it out of 2x4's except they are steel. Most folks would have gone
for larger steel tubing but a goal was to use what I had and to practice my
welding skills on thin steel materials.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/72157632115840269/
> These pics show the construction from many stages of construction and from
various angles.

> The project is to the point that I have to dress out the engine, plumb the
wet lines, and hook up the electrical, controls, and gauges  (which I don't
have yet).

> Don't ask why. This is just a project to keep me busy. I plan to use it to
practice my tune up skills and this setup makes it easier to fiddle around
with the distributor and other stuff. The engine is an "extra" that I picked
up in a parts purchase so a test stand will let me assess the "health" of the
engine.