[Spridgets] Golden Age of Sports Cars thoughts

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Mon Oct 22 17:39:08 MDT 2012

Speaking of this very informative broadcast I was surprised to hear them refer to the MG TC/TD/TF as Midgets.  Particularly since the mid to late 50's is when I "got" into sports cars here in SOCA where there were lots of cars.  But I had never heard anyone refer to that series of MG as a Midget.  I had always thought the original Midgets were pre 1940 cars. But there are lots of references on the internet that say otherwise.  Lear something new everyday.

Bob and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes