[Spridgets] Unusually Bad Gas Mileage

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:43:56 MDT 2012

Thanks for all the recommendations.

I made an adjustment to my accelerator pump. .  I had it up too far.  Turn
righty is lessy and turn lefty gives more pump out.  No doubt it was too
far to the rich side when I would accelerate. My problem, if a little of
something is good, then more must be better.

I have also been keeping my foot out of it. .  this last tank.  Less sloppy
double clutches turd gear to second. . . and it looks like my mileage has
jumped up considerably.  I will know when I fill it up again.

Although the car runs smooth I think that it would be a good idea to
eventually pull the head and have hardened seats installed.  I have never
checked compression . . need to get a better compression checker and do so.
 I have not been as consistent as I should be adding lead additive.

More to come on what I get from this next tank fill.

Thanks so much for all the good info.

Kirk
(1275)