[Spridgets] Switch needed

JohnD johnsfolly at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:36:20 MDT 2012

Rick, I would have, but I never had a chance to use my directionals on the
track so didn't miss them.
I should have originally thought: "Electrical?  Call Rick Fisk!"
JohnD

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 10:45:10 -0400 directionals
From: Rick Fisk <refisk at chartermi.net>
To: JohnD <johnsfolly at gmail.com>
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Switch needed

John,

On the back of the hazard switch there are six terminals - a group of four
and
two more kind sorta separated from the other four.  There should be two
green
wires on the two separate terminals.  The two green wires control the
voltage
to the turn signals.  When the hazard flashers are off the two green wires
are
connected by the switch.  When the hazard flashers are turned on the two
green
wires are disconnected and the other four wires are connected to make all
four
turn signal lamps flash.  Either/or situation....switch off voltage is
available to the turn signal switch....switch on no voltage to turn signals
but voltage is passed to the hazard flasher unit.

No el cheapo replacement available that I know of.  You can bypass the
hazard
flasher switch and simply connect the two green wires together to get
functioning turn signals.  But don't use the turn signals and hazard
flashers
at the same time.  Or you can do what I did and take the switch apart and
repair it.  I coulda fixed for you at Grattan if you had told me it wasn't
working.  :-)

Rick
--

*