[Spridgets] 24 Hours of LeMons video

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 14:59:23 MDT 2012

This is a loooong video of Day 2 of the recent 24 Hours of Lemons race at Road
America (where Halloween meets gasoline). I was asked to co-drive the Launcha
Splatos, a Lancia Stratos take-off using a Bertone X-1/9 with a 200 HP ALfa V6
crammed in the back. It was probably the most fun I have ever had racing. This
video is taken from a competitor's car. He was much faster in the twisties,
but damn, my car was fast. I put him in my morrors for good around Lap 22, at
1:17:00 or so, Great, great fun. We ended up winning after nearly 1100 miles
of Road America. One of our competitors was Emanuele Pirro, 5 time winner of
the REAL 24 du LeMans. The guys who were there to race were very, very good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7L7t5aoXA

Ron Soave
Roscoe, IL

"It only