[Spridgets] Prop Rod location?

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Fri Aug 9 08:06:50 MDT 2013

I installed twin telescoping struts from the later Midgets so that the bonnet
is level when open.

According to Horler this is not original but on the
other hand I have matching front signal lights and fenders.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
61 Innocenti 950 Spider
63 Deep Pink Mk II
>________________________________

Midget has the prop rod on the LEFT side of the car.  To the best of my
recollection, all of my previous cars had it on the Right side.

>To make the
switch would require a different fender/wing and a different hood/bonnet as
both have the attaching pieces welded on. There IS a part number change for
the hood/bonnet early on.  Is that why?

>So, perhaps a poll?  On early
square body (sorry Jay) cars with the prop rod, is yours on the left or
right?  (sounds like a tailor's question)

>It IS inconvenient to have it on
the left, as when you open the hood/bonnet, and swing the rod out, it
invariably gets all caught up in the throttle and choke cables.  I'm sure
that's why they moved it.

>So, let's hear the refrain  "According to