[Spridgets] Facet Pump Installation

Bert Shirey bertshirey at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 12 09:03:08 MDT 2013

Guys and Gals,

    It`s been a while since I posted anything on the list. Let me get the
unpleasant business over first. Some of you know my wife, Sandy, from the
local events. I`m sorry to say that she passed away in May after a year-long
battle with cancer. She was my best friend and love for over 50 years, and a
pretty good helper with the cars. I miss that girl plenty.

     Anyway, reading your comments about advantages of the Facet pump, I`m
thinking about putting one on the Bug. This looks pretty simple, but nothing
ends up simple and I have some questions maybe somebody can help with:

     The Facet pump has 5/16" fittings. I should know, but this looks larger
than what`s there. Before I cut line and end up replacing the whole business,
what is the size of the stock solid fuel pipe on the Bugeye? If 5/16" is too
large, is there a way to adapt to a smaller pipe?

     Where do you attach the hot wire, at the ignition switched terminal fuse
box or at the switch?

      Can I leave the mechanical pump in place and pump through it, or is it
better to remove it and splice the line with a rubber hose?

Thanks.

Bert Shirey
60 Bugeye/66 Midget 1098