[Spridgets] 57 rusty wrecked speedster gets 57k on eBay

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Dec 10 07:21:58 MST 2013

Yeah, I saw that one on Bringatrailer.com a few weeks ago.  We knew someone
was going to pay STOOPID money for it and it looks like someone
may......whether or not the transaction actually is completed may be a
different story.   But, the reality of it is that the "racing provenance" is
very unremarkable.  "Roosevelt" never had much success in racing, whoever he
was, and the only racing provenance that matters is that of the "works" race
cars, or those raced by famous individuals (James Dean, Steve McQueen,
etc.).  So, someone has committed to paying way too much money for a car
with a potential six figure restoration cost, with most of the original
pieces (engine, transmission, interior, etc.) missing and the unibody rusted
and bent almost beyond recognition.

An old business friend of my dad's used to say (about things like this):
"It's a bullshit world."

Bud