[Spridgets] Goods Books for a Winter's Storm

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Wed Feb 13 09:17:57 MST 2013

Dave,
You should submit your prose to http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/.

Of course we hold near and dear the 2005 winner of this contest with
the prose. . .

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage Triumph Spitfire, highly functional yet
pleasingly formed, perched prominently on top of the intake manifold,
aching for experienced hands, the small knurled caps of the oil
dampeners begging to be inspected and adjusted as described in
chapter seven of the shop manual.

The winner of this year's 23rd annual challenge, by Dan McKay, a
43-year-old quantitative analyst with Microsoft Great Plains, in
Fargo, North Dakota, certainly shows such a paucity of aestheticism,
though no lack of imagination:

Tim Collins