[Spridgets] Observations and impressions for bleeding the 1500 clutch

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:20:13 MST 2013

Yes, they were very good at that.
I've found their A series motor copies to be extremely bullet proof.
When matched with a decent pair of British SU's and nestled into the engine
bay of a Midget they get right out and scoot.
Except for the "Nissan" on the valve cover they look right at home in there
too.
And of course there's no mucking about with adapters to get a 5 speed
transmission mounted behind them.
Now, can I get the Datsun clutch master to fit? I've got to do a little
measuring.
I know the part that goes through the firewall looks just like the one for
the Midget so I think it really will come down to bolt hole spacing.
And of course a little pipe rerouting but that should be trivial.
If someone else has already looked into this please chime in.

Rick Bastedo