[Spridgets] Jawhorse or Workmate?

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 04:33:04 MST 2013

List,
I've been looking for a portable workbench setup for a while now so I can
do some grinding, welding and other fabrication work on my car parts and
wanted to know what the list is using. Initially I wanted a Workmate by
Black & Decker because it sounds like what I need, a portable workbench I
can fold up stick in the garage or shed and take it out on the driveway or
lawn to do some work but the plastic crank handles just floored my
perception of the product. I was so disappointed to see any plastic
altogether.

I thought maybe the first generation Workmate was all metal parts but I
can't confirm that. I do know the first gen was cast iron but nobody on
craigslist is will to mail it to me even if I paid extra and of course
shipping. So below is a link for Popular Mechanics article Jawhorse or
Workmate so now I'm thinking of the Jawhorse but is their anything else?
What are you guys using? Or maybe I should just make something? I must have
something foldable for my small storage availability.

Thanks,
Lin

*popular mechanics link*
*http://tinyurl.com/attx2dw