[Spridgets] 1275 engine upgrade with a 5 speed trans swap

Andrew Flaws flaws09 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:08:11 MST 2013

Dear Spridget-request mailman and its readers,

I am looking to have a 67' 1275 engine rebuilt to street prepared specs,
but don't exactly know which direction to go as far as who I could have
rebuild the engine, and what exactly has/needs to be done to the engine to
achieve this.

At the same time I would like to swap my 4-speed with the proper 5-speed
transmission. I have been told that the 210 Datsun transmission was the
appropriate one but is beginning to be hard to come by. Any suggestions?

I am just looking for some good insight and knowledge, along with
any recommendations to shops that could help me with this.

Thanks,

Andrew Flaws
68 Sprite