[Spridgets] 196 Sprite for sale part 1 of 2

dwoerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Wed Jul 17 10:31:13 MDT 2013

Hope this works!

Sending the following in two parts:

Saw this car for sale in the showroom near Eagle River Wisconsin on 11
July and thought I'd pass it along to the list.I have no financial
interest, etc., just want to see it get to a good home.I do not know the
owner or Mark, owner of the shop, but I like to stop in occasionally and
window shop.BTW, when I looked today there was a red Midget MkIII just
leaving.Car looked gorgeous.Anyone on the list?(Bueller?Anyone?)

For further info on the car described below please contact:

Mark Zupan

Eagle Collision Center, Inc.

1040 Hwy. 45 South

Eagle River WI 54521

ph: 715.479.4311

Their bread and butter is collision repair but they really do
restorations of classic cars. I've been there when they had an MGA, TR3,
Packard Caribbean convertible, '67 Firebird, big Healey, and they have a
Marmon phaeton arriving.

OK, the Sprite:Mark is only selling it for his friend.Eagle Collision
has done little, if any work on it.The owner started the restoration and
lost interest and/or needs $$$$.

Here's a link to
pictures:http://s468.photobucket.com/user/Gowom/library/1967%20Sprite%20Eagle%20River

Use Password: eagleriver

*Condition:*

Car looks mostly original (some questionable bits.)

Exterior of car is finished very nicely.

Color is close to Primrose Yellow as are the wheels.I'd give the paint a
4 with 5 being the best.

Bumpers and grill and other trim look good.

No chips or cracks in the windscreen. Quarter lights (crotch coolers)
are good.

New "E-Z On Auto Top" (it needs to be in the sun to get it latched.)

Original floor panels (no holes, no filler, some surface rust)

Body looked sound and wrinkle free as I sighted down the sides.I did not
have my magnet with me to check for Taco Bell wrappers, etc.

Original dash and gauges and everything is as it should be.

Mountney steering wheel.

New entire front bulkhead (vertical piece behind M/C, battery, and where
the wiring harness passes through).Installation was nicely done.

New muffler (correct type) but exhaust pipe has been on the car while it
was running(it's solid and OK).

Engine reportedly has been worked on (Being in the showroom we didn't
start it.) According to the numbers, the engine has been replaced; see
"Numbers" below.

End of Part1