[Spridgets] Rear Spring Question

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Wed Jul 24 15:32:37 MDT 2013

Our 1970 Midget has been sagging in the back. So, I ordered new standard
springs from Moss. The front springs are the standard height, not
lowered, and only a few years old. Just got the first spring in
yesterday, and it has a lot of curvature relative to the old one. That
doesn't surprise me, but it looks like installing the spring is going to
give us the converse problem; rear end sticking way in the air. I see
they carry rears that have been lowered one and two inches. They also
carry a distinct spring for the 1500, which I presume is the rubber
bumper version.

Am I getting set to install the correct spring, or should I consider one
of the lowered springs?

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose