[Spridgets] Dies

Robert Duquette RobertDuquette at Sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 28 17:25:31 MDT 2013

Everything is dead.  (Didn't try headlights)

Still runs a dynamo (+ ground).

I glanced at the voltage regulator and winced a few times.  Didn't touch it
though.  :)

Thanks!
Robert

On 2013-07-28, at 7:02 PM, David Lieb <72spridget at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds a lot like a split bullet sleeve. Tough to isolate, easy to fix. When
she is running, wiggle bundles of wires until something happens. When she is
not running, try to figure out if everything is dead (brown wire), switched by
ignition but not fused (white), everything that goes through the fusebox is
dead (green), etc. Take a look at a good wiring diagram to find things that
are powered by brown wires, by green wires, by white wires, purple wires, etc.
Use a test light or VOM to see whether there is power at representative
devices for each color group when she is dead. Look at the diagram for
locations of the sleeves in each group. I would bet brown or white. Prime
suspects are the brown double sleeve behind the dash that feeds the ignition
switch and headlight switch or a problem wih the voltage regulator (unless you
have installed an alternator...

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/72spridget@gmail.com