[Spridgets] Horn contact question, 62 Sprite "Pinky".

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 18:59:27 MDT 2013

>When you press the horn button, the circuit is completed  and the horn
>makes an anemic sound resembling a strangling frog.

Or you can put your original horn safely away (as they are quite rare)
and intall one of these...

http://dx.com/p/auto-parts-car-electric-horn-speaker-black-12v-90963

http://dx.com/p/72w-car-speakers-pair-12v-117148

I'm using the first one and it has a nice "Herby" kind of sound that is
much louder and safer than the original horn.  As I recall I only had to
cut the bracket and then drill the two holes like original horn bracket.

It's about the same size as the original bugeye horn.  No relay required,
just hooked it up directly.

The second ones look even closer to the original bugeye horn, but I have
no experience with them.  You have to get two of them!  One for you and one
for a spridget friend.  You'll have to cut and drill the bracket on these
too.