[Spridgets] Aluminium Radiators - From China

John Farley jmfarley61 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 13:11:01 MDT 2013

I have been interested in an aluminum radiator since Leo S. ran a proposal
past the group in Feb. 2010.  I have a bugeye with a 1275.  I retained the
stock bugeye Downflow radiator.

I also looked on eBay and found they listed a Superadiator at I think
$299.99 plus shipping.  They also list two from GPI Racing.  Both are
$273.24 plus $75.90 shipping.  One says the manufacturer is Opel / Vauxhall
 ???  and cooling capacity is increased 30% to 40%.  The other says the
manufacturer is Austin ??? and the cooling capacity is increased.  Both are
2 Row and the pictures look identical.  Anybody have any knowledge about
these?

I am debating the choice of spending much more for the best recommended
ones, or going a less expensive route.

Also, what's the consensus of replacing the metal 4 blade fan with a
plastic 6 blade one?

Thanks,  John