[Spridgets] Condensers - Information you should know

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Wed May 15 12:28:15 MDT 2013

Martin,
         I forwarded your comments below to Jeff Schlemmer at
Advanced Distributors. (he made a worthy presentation at the Midget
50th at Elkhart Lake last year, and is a Spridget owner)

         Here is his response:
Peter, I'd be happy if you could post my reply to this thread...

Its not about length, its about microfarads and bleed-down rate, as
well as internal shorts.  I just spent hours evaluating condensers
for Moss, including Martin's version.  The tell-tale sign that a
condenser will live a short life is limited (or no) bleed-down of
stored voltage.  That is where a couple manufacturers of (orange,
black, red, and green wire) condensers go wrong.  I personally chose
to use orange wire on my condensers, and they are made properly, as
are Martin's condensers, and a couple others.  There are at least 9
versions in current production.
Jeff Schlemmer
Advanced Distributors