[Spridgets] Engine and gearbox back in

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Fri Nov 22 10:23:56 MST 2013

Slow going getting the engine and new gearbox back in, not that the re-fit
is a job I ever rush.  Taking photos slowed things down but I needed them
as this bellhousing was non-standard even for a non-standard hybrid as the
front  of this box is slightly different from the old one.  I also didn't
have any  good photos of the co-ax clutch conversion.  It was a pig to get back
in  but always is since the box is bigger and heavier than the Spridget
box.   The new box does weigh about 2Kg lighter than then old box but the
bellhousing  weighed slightly more (I didn't have this one machined as much off
the front  which is solid alloy - production change ....)  Still a net saving
of over  1 Kg is worth having.

Dinner is cooking so after that I'll be back down the garage and finish the
 install.

Weslake-Monza 1330