[Spridgets] Datsun 5speed

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Oct 1 07:51:37 MDT 2013

Speaking of 5-speeds:  Do the mounting bolts on the sides under the shift
lever fit as-is, or must that point be "adjusted" to fit?  My ribcase went
in perfectly - no fuss, no muss.

I was thinking that the way to deal with fit would be to offer the
transmission alone and "reconfigure" the firewall with a BMF hammer as
needed.  But that does not address fore&aft location.

BTW, I discovered a good trick for fitting the motor mounts with no help.
The bolts coming out of the rubber on the driver's  side are toed in, so
there is always trouble getting them into the holes.  Squishing the rubber
with a ViceGrip makes them straighten out parallel, and they drop right in.

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite