[Spridgets] harmonic balancer

David Camp dxcamp at bsink.com
Sat Oct 19 10:30:00 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I found an old 1275 that was rebuilt about 25 years ago and never run. I
have disassembled it and am cleaning it up (sandblasting and powder coating
parts) and ran into a problem with the harmonic balancer. It seems there is
a rubber insert that is kind of flaky - small chunks are missing from the
surface. Is the rubber insert a replaceable part? Will it stand up to 450
degrees in the toaster oven. Should I bite the bullet and look for a
rebuild. I'm kind of concerned the missing chunks will throw it off balance.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Camp

Kent OH