[Spridgets] Help?

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Fri Sep 27 16:09:23 MDT 2013

https://www.google.com/#q=dissolve+rtv+silicone
Bill in Oregon
-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of rbhouston at aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 3:01 PM
To: spridgets at autox.team.net; morris_motors at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Help?

I'm hoping someone out there has an easy fix for this.

A few years ago I put an electric window kit in the driver's door of my
MGBGT...and was never happy with it.

I pulled it all out a couple of weeks ago to replace the original, but in
the
conversion, I had to change the bracket the glass sits in, and I used RTV to
install it.

Well, the RTV holds really well...and that's my problem.  Anyone know of
anything that will dissolve RTV?  I've been trying to run a thin knife blade
between the glass and the bracket, but no joy.

Ideas?  Besides buying a new piece of glass?

Robert Houston

spridgets at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75