[Spridgets] Racer guys Engine help

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 17:54:53 MDT 2014

Thanks Colin!

But that means that the solid adjusters (without the oiling hole) won't fit my
rockers right ?  Argghh...  Ron has already sent a spare my way.  Thanks again
Ron!

Lester

On Jul 21, 2014, at 4:41 PM, 'Colin Dodds' colin at spriteparts.com.au [bugeye]
wrote:

> G'day Lester
>
> BMC only made 30 million Minis and they each had 8 adjusters.  And that's
not counting Sprite, MG Midgets etc etc.  There should be plenty of used
adjusters out there.

> They are two different sizes.  The 948cc, 998cc and 1098cc engines had 7/32"
BSF (28 tpi) thread with the oiling hole, fitted with 7/16 AF lock nuts, and
it's not uncommon for them to break just as yours did.  Most of the 1275cc
engines had 1/4" UNF (28 tpi) thread with no oiling hole, fitted with 1/2" AF
lock nuts, and they're much stronger.

> So the first step is to determine which size you have.  Fortunately that's
easy because of the different nut size.

> If the lock nuts are 1/2" AF I suggest you replace all of your adjusters
with 8 new ones.  One of yours just broke, the others might be about to break,
and you don't want to do this job again.

> If the lock nuts are 7/16" AF, I suggest you replace the entire rocker gear
with a set from the later 1275cc engine.

> hope that helps, and avagoodday
> Colin
> www.Spriteparts.com.au
>
> __._,_.___
> Posted by: "Colin Dodds" <colin at spriteparts.com.au>
	 Reply to group                       		Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (91)
> Check out the automatic photo album with 3 photo(s) from this topic.
>
> Your New Favourite Group is Waiting for You!
> If you enjoy this group, we have suggestions for others you might like to
join.

> Yahoo Groups
> Control your view and sort preferences per Yahoo Group
> You can now control your default Sort & View Preferences for Conversations,
Photos and Files in the membership settings page.
Club, please send a blank email to:  bugeye-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
> If you no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member of the
group, you may go to the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/ and
change your subscription to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.