[Spridgets] Morris Minor 1000 transmission

Matt Hendricksen seaward25 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:01:34 MDT 2014

Any Minor enthusiasts among us?

I stumbled across a 59 Morris Minor 1000 at a car show that I drove the
Sprite to yesterday. I've been looking for something that I can take both
the wife and kid in and I think a Minor might fit the bill. The car was an
older restoration that presented well. Found some body filler here and
there, so it's not a show piece, but looked like a very nice driver. Clean
interior, headliner, new wiring, nice paint... things went downhill on the
test drive, however. When in 4th gear, as soon as you'd let off the
throttle it would pop into neutral almost every time.  First, second and
third all seemed fine.

The seller thought it might be the selector fork, but I was thinking worn
box.  Told him I needed to do some more research on it...

Matt
'65 Sprite