[Spridgets] Morris Minor 1000 transmission

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:15:52 MDT 2014

When I was in high school a friend of mine's family owned a Morris Minor.

This was in the late 60's. The car was not considered a classic at that
time but instead a family economy vehicle. This was before the onslaught of
Japanese vehicles that later became so prevalent.

The Minor was a regular driver.  My friend and I often used it for Big Foot
exploration in the forrest North and way East of San Diego . . two kids
letting our imagination get away with us. Our interested was derived from a
report from a Sheriff friend of ours who was called to a home situated on a
large piece of acreage.

For years It took both of us to work to the Balboa Park Merry-Go-Round
outside of the San Diego Zoo.  That car was driven and driven regularly and
hard . . often carrying 4 long boards on the top going down the freeway
towards the beaches.

It never once displayed a mechanical issue.  For all those years that
little Minor just kept going and going never once complaining about all the
use it was getting.

Just some good memories . . .

Kirk