[Spridgets] ting ting ting

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Fri May 23 18:34:24 MDT 2014

Hello Spridgets,

         The last time I drove the red thing, as I let out the clutch,
         in gear,
         i heard a ting ting ting etc..
         It sounds just like a fan blade hitting the radiator.
         It' engine speed related, not speed related.
         It happens in the first three gears at least, then it may be
         too loud in the car for me to hear it. ..

         I thought maybe the starter as loose and the ring gear was
         tinging that.. nope .. that's not it...

         It doesn't happen in neutral...

         It seemed to go away at higher engine speeds, but it may be
         that it is just too high a frequency by then for me to hear..

         Doesn't seem to be a problem in 4th or 5th on the freeway...
         .

         Ideas? .. I'm hoping not to have to pull the engine.. If I
         do, that happens after the driving season...

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

   My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, youre ugly too.