[Spridgets] What was your first car?

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 04:25:10 MST 2014

Nice MG Jim, I remember in my teens mid 1970's I found an MG TF with a B
engine around the corner from home and the woman wanted 3K so I went to the
bank and brought over 3K in cash. The woman opened the front door and said
a man offered her 3.5K. I knew then and there that it would end horribly
and I wasn't prepared to go back to the bank for more money that I didn't
own. Then my friend sold me her 68 Spitfire for $50.

Yes Jim I would love to have had a convertible 65 Tempest or Lemans or
better still GTO too. What a great car, it was the exact color and model as
my parents so I knew everything about that car and it was my first
opportunity to turn some wrenches because my brother and father didn't have
time to help me. I'm so glad they didn't have time because I can't think of
anything better to do with my free time than turn wrenches, figure out how
to repair with books and forums and of course this list. But i must say
when I was in my 20's I worked for my boyfriend who had a shop and I did
brakes,  tires, and replaced parts for customers so I wan't a mechanic I
was an assistant. I was cold, my joints and muscles were sore, my knuckles
were always bleeding, and my nails were always caked with grease. I enjoyed
learning but my body didn't want to do it for 8 hrs a day. Although if it
was an LBC, vintage VW or BMW motorcycle shop only I think you know the
answer to how long I would work there .......wink!

Lin

62 California Sprite "Pinky"
Pay it forward in honor of Frank Clarici III