[Spridgets] Water temp question..

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 14:38:05 MDT 2014

It's ALIVE!!!

So, I everything together and went for a drive, didn't get far, funny noise up
front.  Stopped, opened the bonnet only to see the waterpump oscillating
rather than spinning.  Took it all apart again, figured out that a spacer had
fallen out when I was trying to put the WP pulley on.  Got that straightened
out only to find the damage done.  Weird clunk every so often.  Ordered new
WP, put it in yesterday and waited for the temps here to go North of 80F and
went for a drive.  20 min with revs up to 6500 and speed up to 70mph.  At 60
mph (3500 revs) on Datsun trans temp stayed right at thermostat of 160F.
Quick run to 6500 revs for a while and temp moved up to 180 F -ish.

So far so good..

WHEEEE!!!!

Lester

..still isn't running as well as it should ..