[Spridgets] Negative ground coil

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Sat Apr 18 09:17:47 MDT 2015

Again,  trying to start  new 1275 engine.

I have taken the new carb and ignition system off my new engine, and replaced them with parts known to be working on the old engine last year.  But I have forgotten a  lot over the winter (old age!)

The coil is labeled SW and CB.  I assume this is an old coil for a positive ground BE.  The book says these are + and -, respectively, and a positive ground car should have the CB terminal connected  to the switch; a negative  ground car should be connected as labeled.  That would appear to be opposite from the  labeling.  Are the SW/CB labels for negative ground rather than positive ground?

Which is the distributor  side for a SW/CB-labeled coil on a negative ground car?

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite