[Spridgets] hydraulic lines and fuel line?

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Sat Feb 14 17:17:22 MST 2015

Jim,

If you are doing a concours car then ignore these comments.

If you have the old brake clutch lines then this may be an option.  I went to my local auto parts store which had the proper size brake line in fixed lengths.  They also had the tool to do the double flange needed for these lines.  I got all the lines from them and they loaned me the flange tool.  You will need most of the fittings from the old lines, the fittings on the new lines from this source and I suspect and regular parts house are not correct for our cars.  Pick up a small tubing bender from a number of sources and bend the new line to match the old line. When I did my car this was much cheaper than any source I found.

I use Dot 5 (Silicon) brake fluid only because I do not the brake fluid eating the paint.  When I last did the car (1997) getting seals was no problem.  The car is currently setting waiting for me to find good seals.  For me unless you want to protect your paint is the only reason to use this brake fluid.

my two cents

Bob  and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata