[Spridgets] Help Archives

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Thu Jul 23 21:17:22 MDT 2015

Thanks fro the response, Mark is looking into this and hopefully will find a cure shortly.  Would like to do some searching before bring up an old topic.

But in the mean time Hello to all the “old” listers and welcome to all those that are more recent.

 An update from here is that the year that the Sprite was to be in storage has turned into almost eight years.  As some of you know travel used up almost three of those years and a move to AZ  18 months ago has used up some more of that time.  However the Sprite is up on stands and work has started to get it back on the road.  The long storage time means that there is more to do than if it only had been one year.  So wheels are off and have started to redo the hydraulic system.  Shortly will drain the gas tank, diff, trany, engine and coolant.  Find out if the engine will turn over using hand power.  Check the carbs,  Just got a borescope in hopes of checking the inside of the fuel tank while it is still on the car.  Then there are the smaller things like fuel pump, water pump, that pesky little hose between the water pump and the head.  Figure out how to check out or get the wire wheels trued not to mention new tires and battery.  So it will be more that a few weeks.  But hope to have it out in a few months.

Feels great to have time to participate in the list.

Bob  Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata

Pay it Forward
Thanks Frank