[Spridgets] 995 Huffaker race engine question

Andrew Hardie andrew_hardie at telus.net
Mon Mar 30 19:21:23 MDT 2015

The Paul A kit really wasn't a kit. Just some detailed instructions, a 1/8" drill, some cellophane and JB Weld and the requirement for a steady hand and a good eye.

Gerard has "fine tuned" the rear seal kit offered by other vendors by keeping a gallery in his replacement eyebrow piece, unlike the "other guys". The eyebrow piece still needs to be accurately placed with even clearance all around.
Paul's JB Weld trick worked well in theory, but could only ever be as good as the hands doing the very finicky work.
An even clearance of .0015 to .003 is the key whatever method you use, and whether or not you then add a seal kit.

Andy

Sent from my iPad