[Spridgets] Head Stud Torque Setting

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Sat Nov 28 06:34:00 MST 2015

This photo is of the head on my newly acquired '72 Midget.  I pulled the rocker cover to adjust the valves.  See the dimples in the top of the head studs?  These studs get torqued to  50 lb/ft.

What else do you see wrong on this head?  This is just as I found it when I pulled the cover.  The previous owner said he couldn't get the engine to run right.  The valves were all adjusted to 0.006 or 0.007".

Sent from my keyboard