[Spridgets] Tempur-pedic mattress

Richard Ball rich_ball at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 16 19:12:39 MDT 2015

Sorry for the delay, but this got bounced back earlier.

Thanks for all the input guys.  We are looking at the Tempur-Pedic brand
beds for the foam mattress, and the adjustable base (think hospital bed).
This seems to be what gave Susan the most comfortable position when lying
down.  We tried a couple different brands of the memory foam/adjustable base
beds in different firmnesses and kept coming back to the Tempur-pedic as the
one she could lay the longest on with the least discomfort.  We both have
similar likes in the firmness area so its helpful that we can remove that
difference from the decision.  I would prefer and sleep like a rock on a
good quality coil spring mattress so it may take me some getting use to
sleeping on the adjustable type.  A split king would solve this, but it's
not practical in our house.

George, thanks for the thoughts on acupuncture.  We have done that in the
past.  We currently have been trying a western science take on that which
focuses on the musculature.  IMS (inter muscular stimulation) uses long
acupuncture needles to stimulate tight muscle groups so they can release
their tension.  This allows the body to heal those areas.  This is often
called dry needling and is similar to trigger point treatments.  Susan has
gotten some relief from this which may have uncovered some issues with her
sacroiliac joint.  It looks like she may go in for injections for that.

Again, thanks for all the input on the beds, it helps us make an informed
decision.

Rich