[Spridgets] Remember Cap'n Bob??

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:54:09 MST 2016

Sorry to hear that as well. Had the pleasure of meeting the Cap'n years ago. He was a pilot and I a Controller.

He drove down to Long Island from Ct to visit and tour where I work.

A genuinely good guy. Unfortunately, never got to see his Bugeye.  Hadn't heard from him in a long time.

Like you, Daniel, I've met many good people, including you, from and because of this list.

Not sure how I would have gotten my Bugeye done without this list and the great people and friends I have made because of it!

Godspeed, Cap'n!

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!

From: Spridgets <spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net> on behalf of WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets <spridgets at autox.team.net>

I'm sad to hear that.

Aside from all the things Larry has mentioned I recall that when the listers compared/confessed to how much they weighed the Cap'n came in lightest (I may have been 2nd lightest) and Crash was the heaviest.

I think if there is anything that would make the Cap'n laugh is if the list now discussed how long to wait before enquiring what had happened to his car - a tastefully modified example if I remember correctly.

I think the Cap'n had a cat but even if he didn't here's a cat link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2Sa5UGxK8

For myself I sometimes ponder my mortality and at 53 I think I'm still one of the younger listers and have been on the list for at least 15 years if not longer and it was Alan and Frank that introduced me to it.

It's always sad to hear of someone's death and while I've met several listers I never got to meet Cap'n Bob or even know what he looked like.  Thanks for letting us know Larry.

Daniel1312