[Spridgets] mini question (again)

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Wed Feb 17 12:32:09 MST 2016

  Is there a mini list for the classic mini's ?  I have joined a few
mini website forums but I prefer e-mail and this group is super, so I
was browsing team.net and didn't find a mini list but some of the info
maybe out of date.

  I have a new issue with the mini...the driveshaft is rubbing on the
exhaust.  Didn't happen first 1,400 miles he owned it and now it is and
I can't see any reason for it, everything is tight, everything looks
correct but obviously something moved.  I can't seem to figure out how
to re-adjust it to have some clearance.  Motor mounts seem solid, no
reason for the movement and no way to adjust it that I can see anyway.

  We are at the point where daughter's fiance is ready to give up
(please, please, let me buy the car, oh please).  At this point, he said
he was just parking it until after the wedding in April and maybe we
would pull the motor then and do a rebuild, but there is nothing wrong
with the motor really, it has good and even compression, good oil
pressure.  It does run hot, not overheat hot but constantly sits about
200-205, I think its the location of the aftermarket digital gauge
sending unit that causes it to look hot, but the original dash gauge
also reads warm.

     mike

P.S. Because he sold his modern day car to buy the mini, when he parks
the mini he has to drive my S2000 to get to work, etc. so naturally I
prefer the mini be working.

--
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.